RE: UN To Publish Digital Divide Paper

Thank you Mary.  I am also pleased to report that next month I will be
speaking at three events, including one overseas, on accessibility of
electronic and information technology.

First, I will be giving a keynote at the Professional Development Conference
for Managers and Officials on the Americans with Disabilities Act (a
regional conference for Midwestern states) in Flagstaff, Arizona on July 13.
Next, I will be at INET 2000 (The Internet Society international
conference)speaking at various forums in Yokohama, Japan from July 17 - 21.
One particular forum is a tutorial on "Building Accessible Web Sites."
Lastly, the following week I will be speaking for the California Association
of Museums at their annual meeting in San Jose on July 28.

Given the number of requests from newspapers and magazines for information
on the topic of IT accessibility as well as the Section 508 impact, I cannot
help but view this interest as a very positive development. Everyone
involved in the web accessibility effort should be encouraged and I
especially want to thank The International Center for Disability Resources
on the Internet for generously offering to post a collection of my papers
and presentations at their web site at
http://www.icdri.org/cynthia_waddell.htm.

Cynthia D. Waddell

Cynthia D. Waddell