RE: Seeking guidance...

I hope I am wrong on this!

I tried REPLACING onMouseOver with onFocus and onMouseOut with onBlur with a
page I was experimenting with.
1)	The effect no longer worked (via keyboard or mouse) on IE 5.01.  As a
matter of practicality, do ANY browsers currently support this tag
attribute?
2)	The page no longer validated (to HTML 4.01 Transitional) since it was
perfectly legal to attach an onMouseOut attribute to a DIV, but onBlur was
NOT valid!

I gave up and changed 'em back.  The particular DOM I am currently using
(and, consequently the JavaScript) only works with IE 4+.  I have not had
the time to try to figure out something that might have better cross browser
support (for the effect I was working on).

IMHO, this WCAG 6.4/9.3 (both P2) recommendation
http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT-TECHS/#device-ind-events
falls into the same
theoretically-may-someday-be-useful-but-currently-is-in-practice-a-bad-idea
category as 3.7 (use <Q>...</Q>).

Cheers,
Bruce Bailey

http://www.w3.org/WAI