free expertise neded?[Fwd: Website Design]

From: BRENDA VEAZEY <bveazey@OSASPE.DHHS.GOV>
Subject: Website Design
To: LTCARE-L@LIST.NIH.GOV

The HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
(ASPE) is
currently working on redesigning their home page.  This will,
inevitably, affect
the Office of Disability, Aging and Long-Term Care Policy's (DALTCP)
home
page...we will probably be asked to comply with that redesign.  Since
many of
you use our website on a re-occurring basis, and because the LTCARE-L
Listserv
covers such a wide variety of users, I am asking for your input.

Please take a look at the DALTCP home page (address below) and tell us:

-  What do you like/dislike about it?
-  What do you find helpful?  What isn't helpful?
-  Would grouping the information differently make things easier/harder
to find?
 Example: Should information within sections (Ongoing Projects, Reports
Available) be separated into categories?
-  What information are we missing that you could use?  What information
doesn't
need to be there?
-  Do graphics matter?  Do graphics make information easier/harder to
read?
-  Do you have any general comments about the site?

The more input we get from our users the better.  Our goal is to keep
our site
as useful as possible, while helping to steer ASPE into making their
site just
as useful.  We would like comments back by January 14, 2000, and thank
you in
advance for the assistance.

Brenda Veazey (DALTCP2@osaspe.dhhs.gov)
Webmaster (http://aspe.hhs.gov/daltcp/home.htm)
US HHS Office of Disability, Aging and Long-Term Care Policy