Re: Chatromms

Charles McCathieNevile writes:
 > IRC provides simple text-based chat. I haven't tried it with JAWS,
 > but I will have a go at it this weekend. It is also very widely
 > available.
 >
 > Daniel LaLiberte, at W3C, did some work on threading IRC to make it less
 > disorienting and more like a newsgroup. I have cc'ed him on this message in
 > the hope that he can provide some more up to date and comprehensive
 > information

This is an interesting question.  I hadn't thought of our threaded chat
work in light of accessibility, though that is clearly relevant because
the motivation was to make the chat stream more intelligible, easier to
use, more valuable as an archive, and available asynchronously.  These
are all things that make it more accessible too, I'm sure.

The work on our threaded chat system is not yet available, however.
There will be some announcement when it is available that Charles can
pass on.

--
Daniel LaLiberte
liberte@w3.org