RE: Practice Describing Pictures, anyone game?

I played with the sound scapes recently and a while ago.  Anything but the
simplest geometric shapes was just noise to me.  I think the technology may
have promise for real time use (where the user is controlling the up/down
left/right component), but products that work that way (for navigating the
real world) are already available.  By the time AI is sufficiently advanced
to process these sounds intelligibly, we would already have better
automated pattern/graphic recognition!  This is well beyond my area of
expertise, and the idea is novel and interesting, but I don't see the real
world application.

On Monday, November 22, 1999 1:15 PM, Rich Caloggero
[SMTP:rich@accessexpressed.net] wrote:
> Hi.
> Has anyone played with these "sound scapes" Peter talks about here? I've
> tried listening to a few from his web page, but having never seen (not
even
> light), I have a hard time making any kind of sense out of anything but
the
> simplest of "images" (one straight line). How useful is this to those of
> you with limited vision, or with no vision but prior visual experience?
Some