Re: Is there a universal solution to access?

At 02:11 PM 11/19/1999 , Claude Sweet wrote:
>Can anyone describe a "universal" one approach that solves all
>accessibility problems?

If I could, I would patent it and become amazingly rich. :)  There
are no approaches that can provide universal access for everyone
under all conditions; all we can do is maximize the accessibility
for as broad and comprehensive of an audience as we can.

It is definitely useful to examine the needs of specific audience
groups and see if there are techniques that can be used cross-
disability in order to improve overall access; for example, being
screenreader-friendly means benefits for both visually impaired
users who can't see, and cognitivitely impaired users who can't
read.  It doesn't solve ALL problems, naturally -- there is no
magic bullet -- but it's definitely a step forward so fits my
personal definition of "improved accessibility."

Was this what you were asking about or am I being dense again? :)