Re: How Much Of A Problem Are Tables Used for Design?

At 06:25 AM 11/19/1999 , Steven McCaffrey wrote:
>The fact is that there are some cases where a linearized version of a tabular layout does not provide the blind screen reader user with equivalent access.
>It may not be much trouble for me to go feeling around the screen to get the context (category as in the boadcast Yahoo example) for a single entry, but what if my job entails many "finding the context" operations?

Excellent idea.  Steven, I can accept the statement that there
-are- cases where linearized tables don't provide satisfactory
access -- in fact, I accidentally made one myself on a test design
for the Harvey Mudd College web page once -- but I'd like a
concrete example or three that we could look, and ponder how
exactly we could convey context better.  Could you identify some
publicly accessible pages that have that problem?  Is Yahoo one
of them?