RE: WAI IG Netiquette

Right, that's kind of the case I am trying to make.

YOU know Ms. Feingold, but I don't.  'Course, I know you well enough, so,
in this example, that is good enough for me.  But what if this was
something I wanted to pass on to some one else?  ("Well, Bruce knows his
stuff, and he endorses this Cynthia Waddell, and she vouches for Ms.
Feingold, so I guess this is legitimate...")  What if THAT persons wants to
pass it on?  You see where I am going with this!

Is it fair to request that the original author (Ms. Feingold in this case)
to make the post?  (BTW, What are we to think of a law practice that does
not have a web site?  In this case, should we not wait for the press
release to be picked up by an established news source?)

On Tuesday, November 09, 1999 7:16 PM, Waddell, Cynthia
[SMTP:cynthia.waddell@ci.sj.ca.us] wrote:
> Mr. Bailey,
> I personally know Ms. Feingold and forwarded her press release because
there
> is no url.
>
> Cynthia D. Wadell
[snip]

of
> everyone else's time?  (I realize that five minutes of Cynthia time *is*
> MUCH more valuable than five minutes of my time, but that is not really
my
> point!)
>
> Thank you!
>
> -- Bruce Bailey