From: Richard Premack <richardp@inter-next.net>
To: jonathan chetwynd <jay@peepo.com>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: text to speech software
Date: Monday, November 08, 1999 10:14 PM

Jonathan,

Check out http://vinfo.com/scribe.htm.  They have a shareware product
called Scribe that runs under DOS and plays sound files through your PC
internal speaker.  Everyone has one of those.  I have heard it myself and
it's low fidelity, but pretty understandable.  Pair that with a (shareware)
text-to-speech toolkit and you could have the low-budget solution you seek.

Not the optimal situation to be sure, but you seem severely constrained as
far as resources.

Hope this helps,

Richard Premack
interNext