RE: EVENT: Accessibility Panel Webcast, Friday 5 November

I was able to listen to the broadcast after the fact.

Will it be up for a while?  Will a copy be posted at the AWARE site?  I
realize no one has the time to transcribe the thing, but how about
including links to the presenters' notes (what you guys worked from NOT
just your overheads).  I don't care how poorly formatted it is.

The content, by the way, was great.  And I loved being able to connect
people's voice with their listserv posts.  I just wish the video was of the
same quality...

The pictures were SO static --especially the screen shot of the un-changing
overhead outline!  Is this a function of my poor connection bandwidth
(dial-up), the broadcast bandwidth, by design, or software limitations?
 Personally, I think an audio-only presentation might have been better
(given the video limitations).  How large (in MB) is the whole file?  How
about publishing (at cost, and in an accessible format -- of course) a
CD-ROM version?  Is the video (especially the first half of the broad cast)
a series of jpeg stills -- or does RealMedia actually continuously transmit
a "movie" -- even when the video is basically static (like when we are just
looking at an overhead outline which has as its only movement camera
jiggles)?  What kind of compression is used?

Thanks for tolerating these annoying questions.  I am hoping to put
together some digital video soon -- and hoping to learn from others
mistakes!

On Friday, November 05, 1999 11:29 AM, Kynn Bartlett
[SMTP:kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com] wrote:
> Len asked:
>> Will it be be available after the conference also?
>
> Yes, it's my understanding that the streaming video file will
> be available after the conference as well as in "real time."
>
> BTW, if you are interested at all in the AOL lawsuit, Cynthia
> Waddell tells me she'll be specifically addressing that in her
> portion of the session!
>
> --Kynn

On Friday, November 05, 1999 3:15 PM, Kynn Bartlett