  • From: Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:31:46 -0800
  • Subject: [webwatch] Anyone Working with WebCT
  • To: "webwatch" <webwatch@telelists.com>
Hi All,

WebCT is a software program designed to create online courses used in
distance education.  The company's home page for the software is at:

http://homebrew.cs.ubc.ca/webct/webct.html

I have only explored the results that the program creates for perhaps 30
minutes so take that into consideration.  The program seems to create a lot
of Javascript links and such that lack alt-tags and end up creating very
confusing URLs.  However several colleges that I know of here in Oregon
have adopted the technology to do their distance education.

I'm wondering if anyone is already working with the WebCT folks to address
the use of this software by people with disabilities.  In browsing through
their home page I haven't found any accessibility info.

Kelly