Re: Data needed for presentation

At 10:41 AM -0800 15/12/98, Christine A. Quinn wrote:
>Season's Greetings to the WAI list.
>
>I've put together a presentation for web folks here at Stanford to let them
>know of the resources available for ensuring accessibility.  However,
>I wanted to quote some numbers to make the issue more real.
>
>I have tried to find some data on the web about visual impairment
>in the population and have been unsuccessful.  Anyone know
>of a source, or have the data themselves?

When doing the presentation, have you considered mentioning that some of
the most important vistors to a web site are effectively blind?  The
various robots from search engines need accessible sites to be able to
index them.

Fun for the day, do a search on "you need a better browser" in altavista to
have a brief look at some sites that have not considered their search
engine profile at all.

Lynn

lynn.alford@jcu.edu.au | More of your conversation would infect
Teaching and Staff     | my brain.  Coriolanus
Development            | http://www.ultra.net.au/~alford/
Game Review pages at http://www.ultra.net.au/~alford/games2.html