Re: Washington Post

At 09:21 AM 18-11-98 -0800, Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com> wrote:
>At 06:53 a.m. 11/18/98 -0500, Ultranet wrote:
>>If Mr.. Raspberry is following this discussion he must be greatly amused. I
>>find it hard to believe that so much attention is being devoted to his bigotry

>I disagree; I think that his bigotry needs to be challenged and
>refuted, especially since he's making absolutely outlandish
>statements in a national (international?) forum that's likely
>read by US lawmakers.

Kynn is correct, bad ideas have ways of taking root. I posted the column & 2
replies at
http://browserwatch.internet.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=threadlist&foru
m=BrowserWatch+Chat&number=1&topic=000310-000000-111898-000000.msg&DaysPrune=80
The 1st reply there basically said it isn't that bad, & suggested less than
effective solutions. That needs to be answered more effective than I can as
I deal in keyboard issues not screen readers. More generally we must get the
word out & even take a forum off topic occasionally. Example
http://www.cmpnet.com/voices/langa.html
this compares some odd moves by Apple to similar things done by Microsoft.
Old news no matter what we think of either firm, it maybe a good to bring up
something important like an open, usable Web.

Regards,
Bryan

-> Life is a beta test. We mustn't let software companies add unnecessary
quizzes!