Re: editorial

At 12:27 p.m. 11/17/98 -0800, William Loughborough wrote:
>WL:: Perhaps the Web is "already there" because in fact there are not
>other means of access to this information in many places.  Try on  a
>Sunday to get information from a transit company.  Increasingly the Web
>is the main source.

The web _will_ be the ONLY main source soon.  This is the future.
The world is heading that way.

The steps that we take NOW, the fights we fight and the battles we
win at the EARLY stages of the game, will mean EVERYTHING to future
accessibility for everyone.

That is why it's so vitally important to get the word out NOW, and
make our presence heard, because otherwise those "without" (without
the latest tech, without a big budget for hardware, without the
ability to see, without a fast connection) will be left behind,
possibly forever.

(I'm not disagreeing with William.  I'm just venting some more.)

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California