RE: Cold Fusion

Home Site is totally customizable.  If something doesn't work the way you
need, you likely can change it.  HTML Validator, Tag completion, Color
syntax-highlighting, etc are all customizable.  Coding in Home Site is done
by hand, and verified to be proper HTML using the built-in CSE 3310 HTML
Validator, which you can easily modify.

The UI is not too bad, although there could be some accessibility problems
somewhere of which I am not aware.  All toolbars are built using a XML-like
language.  There are stock toolbars, but, you can create your own.  HomeSite
has provisions for creating its toolbars, although it isn't quite as simple
as one may want.  It is good about providing redundant information via
visual and aural warnings and errors.  On an error or warning, it beeps, the
status bar displays the exact error, and the status bar changes colors
depending on severity of the coding error, and it shows an icon which
characterizes the error to some extent.  All of this is done real time;
after you enter > it performs all of the coding checks.  Of course, it has
tag completion so you don't have to type as much.  When you press <, it
drops down a list of all valid HTML tags and narrows the list as you type.
Then when you press space after the tag it starts dropping down lists of
valid attributes for that tag.  All tags and attributes for each tag are
stored in stock and/or custom DTDs, which you can modify quite easily.

All of this applies to Cold Fusion support in HomeSite, also.  I have never
used Cold Fusion's editor, as I don't use Cold Fusion.  But, HomeSite
probably has a superset of the Cold Fusion editor's features.  HomeSite
provides color syntax-highlighting of most popular server and client
scripting languages: PHP, CFML, ASP, JScript, VBScript, etc.

Hope that gives you some info.  I use HomeSite 4.0, and, used HomeSite 3.x
for quite some time beforehand.  They are both excellent, but, HomeSite 4 is
by far the best yet.

,David Norris

Illusionary Web - http://illusionary.dyn.ml.org/ <-- 02:00 - 10:00 GMT
Video/Audio Phone - callto:illusionary.dyn.ml.org
Page via mail - 412039@pager.mirabilis.com
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039
E-Mail - kg9ae@geocities.com