Re: Two new sites

At 11:55 p.m. 10/24/98 -0400, Liam Quinn wrote:
>At 10:31 PM 24/10/98 -0500, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>>http://vallartabooks.com.

>Is there any point in the non-visual user hearing "Image: Spacer" and
>"Image: Vertical rule"?  I would think that using ALT="" would be much less
>distracting.

I agree.  You might want to put a TITLE on the IMG with this
information instead.

>Along the same line, what is the point of telling the user that his or her
>browser does not support JavaScript?

On the other hand, it does say that the JavaScript is pointless,
so at least you know you're not missing anything.  I personally
would leave the note out too, though.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California