RE: One of those pesky questions

I agree with Judy Brewer.  It has been my experience that the universal
design argument has opened the door to forums not available to me in the
past.  For example, this past year I have been able to give
presentations on web accessibility and the WAI effort at local, state,
federal and international conferences.  It is true that the ADA requires
accessibility whenever the public comes into contact with government and
business, and I have had to implement systemic changes Citywide in
policy and procedures.  But the benefits for universal design have
broader appeal to the community and world at large, and make good
business sense. Not to mention that it makes my job easier!

Cynthia D. Waddell
ADA Coordinator
City of San Jose
801 North First Street, Room 460