RE: ACCESSKEY attribute

I'm not sure if I understand your comment.

What we are looking at is to announce, for example, the button caption,
followed by the access key (including modifier).

 For example:  [Search] is announced as "Search Button, Alt S" in the least
verbose mode.

Also,  in the post by Dave Bolnick, an author specificaiton of available
short cut keys is also a good approach for use by the screen
reader/browser, yet this can also be generated by the browser if not
available.

Mark