Re: m-dashes and acronyms

On 1/30/1998 11:22 PM, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>As a sighted reader, it has not presented many problems to me. Is that
>the case for others?

Apologies to anyone for whom this has been the case.  In a context like
wai-ig, I feel that I can usually trust others to beat myself up for me,
and I think someone would have mentioned it.  But I have the thread here
locally on my Mac, and I'd be happy to edit for legibility and re-post
any message if that is the case.

In terms of the more general question, screen readers will always have to
deal with ASCI occasionally, and (although I'm not familiar with the
technology) I suspect that on-the-fly parsing of mark-up is not
neccisarily standard.