Re: New Version for weekend reading

Hi --

If you pulled the document before 7:30 pm EST Friday January 23, please
pull it again, we needed to tweak a few links & intro.  Please just refresh
your local copy.  You can find it off of http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL

A reminder about the status of the document: this is a "_draft_ working
draft", please send your comments to w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, and it will still
be open for comment after it's an "official" working draft.

And thank you, WAI Mark-up Guidelines Working Group, and Gregg & Chuck &
Ian, for all the work on this.

Happy reading.

- Judy

At 03:19 PM 1/23/98 -0600, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>Hi all, Hi All Hi
>
>There is a new version of the guidelines up at
>http://www.w3.org/wai/gl
>
>These are new versions of page author checklist & guidelines;
>
>- they incorporate all of the input from Austin meeting that there was
consensus on;

>- they're also updated to reflect HTML 4.0 final recommendation
accessibility improvements;

>- the WAI wants to make this an official W3C "Working Draft" by late next
week;

>- please send any comments you have by Wednesday January 28 to
w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

>(We checked the GL list and it accepts "foreign" submissions -- that way
we won't have to flood the IG list with detailed discussion.)

>This is NOT a final document.  We will continue to tune next week. So get
your input in and give this a good look over.

>Thanks
>
>The GL team.
>
>-- ------------------------------
>Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
>Professor - Human Factors
>Dept of Ind. Engr. - U of Wis.
>Director - Trace R & D Center
>gv@trace.wisc.edu    http://trace.wisc.edu
>FAX 608/262-8848
>For a list of our listserves send "lists" to listproc@trace.wisc.edu

Judy Brewer   jbrewer@w3.org     617-258-9741
Director, Web Accessibility Initiative International Program Office
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
MIT/LCS Room NE43-355
545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139 USA
http://www.w3.org/WAI