Re: Who decides "content"

Kasday, Leonard R (Len), ALTEC wrote:

> ... I'm really bothered by the implication that ... people who want
> to know what a page looks like are somehow wrong or misguided [and
> that] descriptions of visual aspects [are] a "frill" ...

I have a lengthy text description on (and of) our site so verbose as to
be belabored.  My rationale comes from a discussion I had with one of my
daughters who works for Lucent.  I found the logo they chose on
splitting from AT&T to be odd, and we spent quite some time talking
about it.

Had I, for some reason, been unable to *grab* that logo and ask about
it, the discussion probably would not have taken place; I would have
been the poorer for that.

But that's me.  We are not designing just for me, and I loudly echo
L. Kasaday's:

> ...I would like to hear from people who are blind, or have low
> vision, whether they personally would want to know about those
> images ...

Regards, Larry Behrens
What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the wish to find out,
which is the exact opposite.  - Bertrand Russell
Personal: http://home.att.net/~LBehrens/ Business: http://betacomm.com/
For HTML pros and hobbyists:  HTML Writers Guild  (http://www.hwg.org/)