Re: contact with developers (was RE: webwatch-l What To Do About .gif Files)

I think the initial steps taken by companies like SoftQuad with HoTMetaL
4.0 are an exact indication of how influential and pervasive accessible web
development can be when the interface itself has built-in accessibility
validation and tools. Corel is looking to implement similar tools. I
suspect the Micrsoft will do likewise with Frontpage. Sun with Java tools.
If we can get corporations like Miramba, Netscape and Oracle to follow
suit, we're more likely to see accessible web sites in the future.

- Mike

At 04:10 PM 12/2/97 -0800, Scott Luebking wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Actually, I'm not sure how many business web sites are concerned
>about reaching all possible customers.  From what I've been
>seeing on the different web master mailing lists I monitor,
>the idea seems to be to attract as many customers while minimizing
>effort.  Most webmasters on these lists seem unconcerned about people
>who use 286's or Lynx.  I'd say a current concern is about using Java
>or Javascript.  Lynx or browser's on 286's are not not getting many
>webmasters' aatention.
>
>You have an excellent point that web development software needs to
>accomodate web page accessibility.  In addition, this development
>software itself must be accessible.
>
>Scott

Michael G. Paciello                      Executive Director,
E-Mail: mailto:paciello@yuri.org         Yuri Rubinsky Insight Foundation
Tel: +1 603 598 9544                     URL: http://www.yuri.org/
FAX: +1 603 598 2839                     Promoting Accessibility Awareness!

Please Make a Tax-Deductible Donation:   http://www.yuri.org/donate.html
Charitable Registration Number (8867 - 3639 - RR0001)