Re: Are forms accessible

Hi, David
I tend to agree with you.  A very basic form, i.e. a single text field
with only one send button, can probably be considered accessible.
(Using a RETURN in the text field will activate the form.)  If the
form uses buttons or other features, then probably currently it cannot be
considered generally accessible since button control varies so much
among browsers.

Using alternate methods, e.g. phone or e-mail, can work for some
web applications.  However, there are many other applications for which
alternate means won't work, e.g. configurable database interaction.  These
applications will be inaccessible.

A question that comes up is how can entities covered by Title II or Title III
of the ADA be in compliance when using web forms if the technology is
currently inaccessible?  Could this state of technology be used to justify
a claim of undue burden?

Scott