Re: Dictionary link types

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997, Daniel Dardailler wrote:

> > Example:
> > <link href="dictionary.xml"
>>     rel="dictionary (abbreviation, phonetic)">
>
> Anyone wants to argue whether or not a syntax like:
>
> <link href="dictionary.xml" rel="dictionary"
>    class="abbreviation, phonetic">
>
> is better or worse ?

Can anyone remind me of the motivation for being able
to recognize the link is for a dictionary independent
of what kind of dictionary it is?

Unless there is a strong motivation for this ability
I would have thought that a single rel value for
each kind of dictionary would suffice, e.g.

   rel=abbrev-dict
   rel=phonetic-dict

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2521 (office) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)