From: Alastair Campbell
Date: Wednesday, 23 August 2023 at 14:14
To: WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: CFC - Adding errata and updating understanding documents for WCAG 2.0 (take 2)

Call For Consensus — ends Thursday August 24th at 17:00 Boston time.

This call is to add a new errata and update the understanding document for WCAG 2.0.  This will address the removal of parsing to bring WCAG 2.0 more in line with WCAG 2.1 and 2.2.

It is an update of the previous CFC:
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2023JulSep/0219.html

The proposed updates are in the attachments.

  *   Errata: See number 13 under Editorial Errata (the notes are included in the errata page).
  *   Understanding Document: The new notes are at the top of the Intent section.

Because of changes to technology since WCAG 2.0 was published we cannot provide a diff.

The original content is at:

  *   Errata (original): https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/errata/ and
  *   Understanding Document (original):
https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/Understanding/parsing

If you have concerns about this proposed consensus position that have not been discussed already and feel that those concerns result in you “not being able to live with” this decision, please let the group know before the CfC deadline.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

@alastc / www.nomensa.com<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.nomensa.com/__;!!EDx7F7x-0XSOB8YS_BQ!cYpvXq7jZCLzy7X3L5NUY5x2y4UJCBXz6RXIN34ZrEWuWEpMV4zhRA-jKZxlu1KFEVUOqGsPE9yoZUyuhbBJDQ$>