From: Alastair Campbell
Date: Tuesday, 25 July 2023 at 10:01
To: WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: CFC - Republish of WCAG 2.1

Call For Consensus — ends Monday July 31st at midday Boston time.

This call is to re-publish WCAG 2.1 to include all the errata since it was originally published in 2018.

There are various editorial updates (errata) to WCAG 2.1 that are not immediately visible to people looking at the main TR location: https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/

Republishing would make these updates available in the default location.

The changes from the current published version are highlighted in this version:

https://services.w3.org/htmldiff?doc1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2FTR%2FWCAG21%2F&doc2=https%3A%2F%2Flabs.w3.org%2Fspec-generator%2F%3Ftype%3Drespec%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Fraw.githack.com%2Fw3c%2Fwcag%2FWCAG-2.1-catchup%2Fguidelines%2Findex.html

Notable updates include the note for Parsing and updates to the red-flash definition.

If you have concerns about this proposed consensus position that have not been discussed already and feel that those concerns result in you “not being able to live with” this decision, please let the group know before the CfC deadline.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

@alastc / www.nomensa.com<http://www.nomensa.com/>