Re: AGENDA and Surveys - AGWG Meeting January 31st 2023

Hello,

A summary of the Topics from the last meeting below.

Equity Group Report
During TPAC, the AGWG discussed the group’s desire to ensure WCAG 3 is equitable a specification as possible.  This lead to a subgroup on equity meeting for the past few months to discuss where future discussions of equity should take place. The AGWG equity sub-group recommended work on equity be structured in three places:
1.       Positive Work Environment (PWE) Community Group (CG) continues work on equity considerations in how we work together within W3C.
2.       The Maturity Model Task Force in Accessible Platform Architecture (APA) focuses on equitable applications of WCAG and other accessibility specifications.
3.       A Community Group (CG) open to anyone, thereby enabling more equitable processes, issues, and expertise to work on incubating proposals such as an Equity Horizontal Review Board. The community group<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.w3.org/community/blog/2023/02/01/proposed-group-equity-community-group/__;!!N11eV2iwtfs!q-Evf3qGrIYQ___jty-9-Sq8D2ilpxu8X5JdoAga_gxCuov1UDce4AHewuFmW96RFSxtQKJy2YRJHKjzbGOO$> has been proposed.
        The chairs took an action to bring a proposal back to the group about addressing equity in AG.

New Survey Process Trial
We will be trying out a new survey approach over the next few weeks.:

  1.  Survey questions will be divided into editorial comments which will be fixed as they come in and substantive issues which will be discussed at the meeting. Chairs will also reach out throughout the survey to address questions and misunderstandings.
  2.  Surveys for everything except WCAG 2.2 will be open for a week and close the Thursday before the Tuesday meeting at which they will be discussed.  The chairs believe this will address a number of process concerns raised by the group in the last few weeks. We will circle back with the group about how well it is working in a few weeks.
Moving assertions to developmental
After reviewing and discussing this section, there was consensus to move forward but it was unclear whether to do so with the content marked as exploratory or developmental. We will revisit this content in a two weeks.

WCAG 2.2 issues
The group reached resolutions on all 7 issues discussed

Kind regards,

Rachael