RE: Removing 4.1.1 Parsing from WCAG 2.2

While I agree we should drop regulators, the group hasn’t decided that it will be obsoleted and until then we need something.  From what I read from others on the list there isn’t agreement that we should obsolete 4.1.1 in 2.0/2.1.  If it made obsolete, then the wording would then be updated remove it as it would not be needed if it was made obsolete.

Jonathan

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gregg@vanderheiden.us>
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2023 2:26 PM
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc: Chaals Nevile <charles.nevile@consensys.net>; w3c-waI-gl@w3. org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Removing 4.1.1 Parsing from WCAG 2.2

On Jan 6, 2023, at 5:37 AM, Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com<mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com>> wrote:

Perhaps we could add: “Conforming to regulations that require older versions of WCAG may still require you to test and report on this criterion.”?

Not if we do what is standard practice - which is you don’t require provisions that have been deemed obsolete.   Ditto for regulators.  So I would not add this.