From: Wilco Fiers <wilco.fiers@deque.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 7, 2022 11:35 AM
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gregg@vanderheiden.us>
Cc: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>; w3c-waI-gl@w3. org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Target size

________________________________

Hey folks,
I automated this SC for axe-core a couple months back and have been testing it out in different environments. By far the most common issue I see come up is from link stacks. Table of content, sidebar navigation, links lists in the footer, that kind of stuff.

Most sites I looked at meet the 24px target. I don't think WCAG 2.2 is pushing the boundary beyond what is already standard practice. But then there are a good number of sites that have issues, including the footer on the W3C website that don't meet this minimum. I think it's really a good thing that we draw a line in the sand here that says "to there and no further". Honestly, 24 pixels seems pretty good to me. Obviously larger tends to be better. The same is true for many things in accessibility. But we need to set a minimum IMO.

We have some loose ends to tie, but these don't look like deal-breakers to me.