Re: Target size

Boy Alastair  — that is a good question.

As others point out - there are places where this is a real problem.    But it is not clear that we have found a solution to it - that doesnt cause other problems - or is not applicable in other situations.   So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place  (not unusual for WCAG WG).

Sometime we have been able to negotiate this with a conditional (only applied here)  or with exceptions (doesnt apply here -only )
Using conditionals risks missing things if it is a list — but works if it the conditions focus on the problem itself
using exceptions is dangerous because you never think of all the places this should not apply

For this one — my mind keep reeling.   It combines important with collisions where it should not or can not be applied.

No doubt there is a problem
But I don’t think we have the wording yet to make a solution fly

Maybe - we find out the most egregious places and make a conditional that focuses on them?  (Though I can’t think of how to do this either)

Hmmmmm    continuing to ponder

gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden
gregg@vanderheiden.us