From: Rain Michaels <rainb@google.com>
Date: Tuesday, August 23, 2022 at 6:25 AM
To: Gregg Vanderheiden RTF <gregg@raisingthefloor.org>
Cc: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@levelaccess.com>, w3c-waI-gl@w3. org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: [EXT] Re: Accessible authentication Updates
I really like Gregg's suggestion to add clarity with "that satisfy this SC."

I also agree with his point that "cognitive function test" is an awkward (and complicated!) way to describe what these are. They aren't actually testing cognitive function, but instead requiring cognitive function skills to test the user's authenticity.

I can live with not changing this much now, given the goals and scope of this effort. If, however, we think it's worth addressing, here is an attempted rewrite (put into list form to help me visually process):
Examples of mechanisms that satisfy this SC include:

  1.  support for password entry by password managers to minimize requiring memorization abilities, and
  2.  copy and paste to minimize the cognitive burden of transcription.