Re: Focus appearance update

Hey Alastair,
It isn't clear in this version when to use the real bounding box, and when
to use this imagined one-line variation of the bounding box. My guess based
on the discussion is that this should be "whichever of the two bounding
boxes has the shortest side", but that's not at all obvious from the text.
You can take that to mean different things. Like whichever results in the
largest minimum focus indicator, or whichever bounding box has the smallest
/ largest area / perimeter. Different versions of that change the
calculation on different edge cases.

--
*Wilco Fiers*
Axe-core & Axe-linter product owner - WCAG 3 Project Manager - Facilitator