Minutes of Silver meeting of 18 March 2022

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 11:41:54 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>, AG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
The group continued reviewing WCAG3 issues related to Requirements.

Issue 307:  we agreed with the ideas and felt they were covered in
Design Principles 4, 5, and 10.  We discussed minor wording changes, but
decided that we should not take time to wordsmith the Requirements, but
should ensure that the comments are covered.  It is a higher priority to
actually write WCAG3 than to wordsmith WCAG3 requirements.  Jeanne took
an action to draft a response.

Issue 466: we agreed with the commenter about the benefits of
simplification and noted that we will make other necessary changes first
and then revisit if we should spend the time to simplify the Design
Principles.

Issue 466 (last paragraph): We agreed to reword the Motivation
requirement as "The Guidelines motivate organizations to go beyond
minimal accessibility requirements by structuring WCAG 3 to encourage
organizations to demonstrate a greater effort to improve
accessibility.".  That answer will go to survey in AGWG.

Minutes: https://www.w3.org/2022/03/18-silver-minutes.html