From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2021 3:03 PM
To: WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Non-text contrast - focus indicators

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago we discussed how Non-Text Contrast is applied to internal focus indicators.

A few of us (me, MichaelG, JuanitaG) took the action to update the understanding document to reflect that. However, we hit a problem: It is logically difficult (impossible?) to align it with other examples in the document.

So I've created a proposal to try and align the focus-examples with other states, which also aligns with the external (outside the group) view on how it should be applied.

I've used a google doc so I can embed images more easily:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xYriil533EW5DfOTDedG1g25JiVNqt0FJcQECys5n0o/edit#<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xYriil533EW5DfOTDedG1g25JiVNqt0FJcQECys5n0o/edit>

Comments (in the doc or here) welcome before it goes to survey.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

@alastc / www.nomensa.com<http://www.nomensa.com>