RE: Focus-appearance flipped version

Hi Wilco,

I’ve replied in the document, but for the list:

  1.  You mentioned that the “no thinner than 2px” doesn’t belong in the area sub-bullet.

From a visual requirement point of view we need it, and it is related to that calculation. If people use that (potentially much smaller) calculation, we want a minimum thickness requirement on it to make up for the smaller size.

If you have a look at the current survey, we are considering making that thicker!

  1.  The suggested “indicator contrast” bullet includes “continuous area”.

Would that be a problem for split indicators? Where you have two areas, one on each side (like some Deque buttons).

  1.  You suggested we use ‘target’ to define the size of the component.

I think we’d run into objections from that, we had an issue come up where an organisation expands the hit area well outside of the visible boundary of a control, massively increasing the size requirement. That’s why we have the current notes which says “If the component has a visible boundary smaller than the hit area, the area measurement is taken from the visible boundary.”

  1.  You replaced “shortest side” with “shortest diameter”.

I appreciate wanting to apply it to more shapes that the usual rectangles, but how would you apply a diameter to a rectangle?  Would it be better to say that if a shape doesn’t have sides you can’t use that calculation, you need to use the perimeter.

Cheers,

-Alastair