From: Rachael Bradley Montgomery <rachael@accessiblecommunity.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2021 3:02 PM
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>; public-cognitive-a11y-tf <public-cognitive-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: [External] : Content Usable pronouns and Tal

Hello,

Thank you for the thoughtful discussion at today's meeting about the plural pronoun used in Tal. A resource you can read if this is a new area for you is https://www.mypronouns.org/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.mypronouns.org/__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!O-_Em3oxBgak1XO5G4OYDoQXc2bs9__PepX5AcJaJznCmUgrhp_-0DIsLHdCz9XXtg$>

We discussed the following options:

  1.  no change
  2.  add it in 1 or 2 places in the main persona
  3.  Tal like to be referred to (pronouns) as Tal/they/them/theirs
  4.  change the persona to remove gender diversity
  5.  use the pronouns as frequently as would be used naturally
COGA had voted against 5 because of readability and translatability challenges and compromised with using the minimal pronouns in option 1.  I have created a google document with all of the options at  https://docs.google.com/document/d/18FabK-X1AgOMPqG2YydOrcyl1d89rHxbcfqso2du1vo/edit#<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/docs.google.com/document/d/18FabK-X1AgOMPqG2YydOrcyl1d89rHxbcfqso2du1vo/edit*__;Iw!!GqivPVa7Brio!O-_Em3oxBgak1XO5G4OYDoQXc2bs9__PepX5AcJaJznCmUgrhp_-0DIsLHfr4AWw9g$>

Please take a look and weigh in with your thoughts on how to proceed.

Best regards,

Rachael
--
Rachael Montgomery, PhD