Re: CFC - Target Size (Min)

+1
I'm fine if we work the note into the SC but OK with current wording. I
don't think it's a big problem that the SC has two goals.

   - Make sure the target not so tiny that a user with a disability cannot
   successfully hit it, and some users leverage then oom/reflow SCs to make it
   big enough *OR*
   - at least make it so they don't hit something else while trying to hit
   it,  (Exception 1)

This SC went through the ringer in 2.1 and it is clearly a consensus SC
with the design world. Historically any SC that affects visual design has
had a harder time getting through and requires more compromises than SCs
requiring DOM changes that don't affect visual design, and this is no
exception.

   - Studies have shown that many users with motor disabilities need 100px.
   - Google and Apple use 44 and 48px respectively for mobile, but break
   those guidelines frequently, and we've not been successful at identifying
   when a coarse pointer or a fine pointer is used.

So the 24 px minimum raises awareness of the issue and creates enough space
and/or size that many users can hit the target or at least not hit an
adjacent target. This could allow users with more severe dexterity issues a
minimum base from which to zoom in (up to 4x to get 96 px which is close to
100px). Hopefully, most companies are not going to punish all users with a
5px target. But at that point I'd say they have a lot more problems with
usability than accessibility violations.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*
Mobile:  613.806.9005