Re: Target Size (Min)

On 18/03/2021 09:47, Alastair Campbell wrote:

> In terms of the aim, we do have multiple aims, in order of preference:
>
>  1. Large target sizes so they are easy to hit;
>  2. Target size + spacing to reduce the chance of making an error;
>  3. Prevent very small targets.
>
> Given that we have the AAA version for the first, we’re sort of between
> the second and third, given the reduction of size from 44 to 24px.

I'd say be forthright and drop the aim of 1 and make the SC about 2. But
mention that doing 1 will obviously be the simplest way to achieve 2.
And document the "telescoping" effect that the smaller the target, the
bigger its clearance needs to be (as per the diagram here), as that
seems to not be mentioned explicitly.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux