Re: CFC - Target Size (Min)

On 18/03/2021 00:18, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

> Maybe the point of contention/that I'm not getting is that the SC tries
> to account for the fact that the smaller the target is below 24x24, the
> harder it is for a user to determine the center/where they want to
> tap/click? It does seem (unless I'm getting myself confused), that the
> smaller the target gets below 24x24, the larger the "exclusive
> area"/spacing effectively becomes. Taking a 24x24 target, its overall
> exclusive area is literally 24x24. At the extreme end, a 1x1 target
> needs 23 px spacing on all sides, making its exclusive area 47x47 px. If
> that's intentional, it should be very clearly spelled out as well and
> diagrammed.

See attached diagram.

Also, in the second paragraph for "Intent" on
https://w3c.github.io/wcag/understanding/target-size-minimum.html

"For example, a target of 20 x 20px would meet the requirement if it had
a spacing of 2 px on all sides."

Shouldn't this say "4px on all sides"? (and it basically telescopes out
- the smaller the target size, the larger the spacing requirement)

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux