Re: Registries and WCAG?

Hi Alistair,

Respectfully, the fixed taxonomy for SC 1.3.5 is *NOT* an Appendix to WCAG
2.1, it is a normative part of the new spec (Section 7), and as such is
extremely rigid/brittle. The reason why we replicated those @autocomplete
values from HTML5 was for the same reason we need a repository - the
concern that *if* HTML5 modified the @autocomplete attributes, it would
have a potentially negative impact on WCAG (as an unintended consequence).
Having one of our specs referencing another spec adds an additional level
of overhead to manage/coordinate.

Additionally, while the only *real* technique available at scale today to
meet SC 1.3.5 is to use the @autocomplete attribute, there is a strong
anticipation that the emergent Personalization spec (Module 1) will
introduce another technique, the @data-purpose attribute
<https://w3c.github.io/personalization-semantics/content/index.html#purpose-explanation>,
which will once again re-purpose the already documented values of
HTML5/WCAG 2.1-Section 7 (in practice 3 versions of ostensibly the same
'list' of fixed values - thus the need Leonie is asking about).

JF