Re: Visible controls

Hi, Wilco and Alastair.

The issue is when an element is perceivable, but is not identifiable or recognizable as a UIC until the information needed to identify the element as a UIC become visible as the result of pointer hover or keyboard focus.

For example, a heading that is perceivable and identifiable as a heading element, but turns out also to be a UIC. The additional information needed to identify the element as a UIC, e.g., a pencil icon or an outline or underline, displays only on pointer hover or keyboard focus.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Sarah