Re: AGENDA and Surveys - AGWG Meeting Jan 26th 2021

Hey folks,
On yesterday's AGWG call I asked for a little additional time to review the
overhaul of the visible controls SC. Having thought about it a little more,
I'm going to put in a "-1" vote. I think the following needs to be
addressed.

1. The word "control" is still used. It was taken out of the exceptions
list, but not the SC title or the note.

2. "Visible entry point" is too vague in my opinion. It is not a commonly
understood term, nor is it defined anywhere in WCAG. People are left to
guess what should and shouldn't count as a visible entry point.

3. The "visible entry point" bit should not be in a note. This is an
exception to the SC. Notes are not normative, and so they can not contain
exceptions.

Kind regards,

--
*Wilco Fiers*
Axe-core product owner - Co-facilitator WCAG-ACT - Chair ACT-R

Join me at axe-con <http://deque.com/axe-con> 2021: a free digital
accessibility conference.