RE: CFC - Focus appearance (min) SC

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 16:05:38 +0000
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>, "WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
AG Working Group members,

As we have received substantially positive feedback leading up to this CfC and no responses indicating that group members could not live this this decision, this CfC is agreed on as a consensus opinion of the working group.

This decision will be recorded at https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Decisions

From: Alastair Campbell

Call For Consensus - ends 9th April at noon Boston time.

The Working Group has discussed the WCAG 2.2 success criteria "Focus Appearance (Minimum)", the latest version can be seen here:

https://w3c.github.io/wcag/guidelines/22/#focus-appearance-minimum

Survey of issues and responses:

https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag22-focus-appearance-updates/results

Previous minutes include:

https://www.w3.org/2021/04/06-ag-minutes.html#t01

https://www.w3.org/2021/02/16-ag-minutes.html#item05

https://www.w3.org/2021/01/19-ag-minutes.html#t02

Note: We have discussed an alternative size measure, but agreed to raise an issue during the next review period.

If you have concerns about this proposed consensus position that have not been discussed already and feel that those concerns result in you "not being able to live with" this decision, please let the group know before the CfC deadline.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

@alastc / www.nomensa.com<http://www.nomensa.com>