Re: [Silver] Data sets for Silver Conformance testing

Cathy Chen from HP offered the attached contribution. Her email is 08amail@gmail.com<mailto:08amail@gmail.com>

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Monday, March 30, 2020 at 10:23 AM
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>, AG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: [Silver] Data sets for Silver Conformance testing

To all who do accessibility testing:

It would be helpful to have anonymized summaries of WCAG testing for real websites and other digital products from a variety of different sites and market segments.  We want to be able to test the Silver guidelines and conformance with real-life examples.  We learned a great deal when we did the limited testing we have done so far.  The results of our testing will be public, so please anonymize the dataset before sharing it with us.

For example,

  *   a summary report to a client that includes breakdown of the results by existing WCAG 2.0 or 2.1 success criteria. Remove any names and URLs. (A global search and replace to remove the client name and http://yourclientname.com should be sufficient. )
  *   a spreadsheet with results of testing by WCAG 2.0 or 2.1. Remove any names and URLs.

We would then take the results of that client test and score it by the proposed Silver conformance models so we can start evaluating the proposals with real data.  We need a variety of datasets to test the WCAG 3 models: Apps, websites with media, mobile apps, single-page or other complex websites, etc.

Please send your dataset to Jeanne (jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com<mailto:jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>). Please describe the type of site or digital content that it is, so we know how to categorize it.  Contact me if you have questions.

Thanks,

Jeanne Spellman