As far as defining steps in a process I remember Alastair pointing to existing WCAG 2 guidance that already defines steps in a process. I thought we agreed to conform.

David Fazio

This message was Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse any typographic errors.

On Mar 20, 2020, at 3:25 PM, Storr, Francis <francis.storr@intel.com> wrote:

  *   we need to define step

Do any of these work / offer inspiration?:
The Oxford English Dictionary defines this version of a step as: “a measure or action, especially one of a series taken in order to deal with or achieve a particular thing”.
Merriam Webster: “a stage in a process”
Cambridge Dictionary: “a stage in a process”, “an action in a series of actions taken for a particular purpose”, “dealing with one thing and then another thing in a fixed order”.

Francis

From: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@levelaccess.com>
Date: Friday, March 20, 2020 at 15:01
To: WCAG list <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Redundant entry queries

  *   We intend for this to apply to screens, pages, fields ( on the same screen, on the same page), everything
We need to clearly define then how far something needs to be – for example, if the user can copy and paste the info into a field – how far away from that field can the info be that must be copied and pasted?     If steps are on the same screen – what is a step – something that is bounded by a box or a number or a heading?     This view reinforces Wilco’s concern that we need to define step here or we might get an SC passed that can be differently interpreted.

Jonathan