W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > January to March 2020

FW: CFC - Publication of WCAG 2.2 FPWD

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 14:51:44 +0000
To: 'WCAG list' <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Message-ID: <AM7PR09MB4167E5AB4F10D44AE5ED0605B91A0@AM7PR09MB4167.eurprd09.prod.outlook.com>
AG Working Group members,

As we have received substantially positive feedback leading up to this CfC and no objections to the purpose of the decision, this CfC is agreed on as a consensus opinion of the working group.

This decision will be recorded at https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Decisions.

Notes on the discussion:

  *   The change to 2.4.7 (level AA to level A) was approved by the group previously, but it will be highlighted in the draft as a change. If there is associated material (e.g. a blog post) that will also include the change.
  *   The changes to the headings (e.g. removing ‘Guideline: ‘) was a bug in the build process, that will be fixed before the FPWD is published. (We can discuss that being a good thing separately!)
  *   The way errata has been dealt with historically (only showing in the next version) does not affect the draft for 2.2, the actual issue is that it is not visible in the published version of 2.1. We’ll bring that in to the issues to dealt with for 2.2.
  *   For dealing with other normative changes from 2.0/2.1, please see the updated agendas page (give me an hour or so), we will be dealing with them but we can’t put everything in at once.

Kind regards,


From: Alastair Campbell

Call For Consensus — ends Thursday 6th February at 11am Boston time.

This call is to approve the publication of WCAG 2.2 as the First Public Working Draft.

The current draft is available here:


The approach for WCAG 2.2 is to add only the items that have been agreed, and so far the Working Group has agreed to include Focus Visible (Enhanced) to the WCAG 2.2 working draft:


Future decisions / CFCs would add more to the working draft, but this CFC is about permission to publish this first version.

If you have concerns about this proposed consensus position that have not been discussed already and feel that those concerns result in you “not being able to live with” this decision, please let the group know before the CfC deadline.

Kind regards,



www.nomensa.com<http://www.nomensa.com/> / @alastc
Received on Thursday, 13 February 2020 14:52:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 21:08:34 UTC