Re: How to test for WCAG 2.1 SC 1.4.10 Reflow - Level AA?

On 10/02/2020 19:32, Jonathan Avila wrote:
> I also recommend docking the dev tools to the side when testing and resizing.  I believe Chrome will show you the values as you drag but Firefox requires a setting change in order for those values to be display.  The setting is in Dev tools.
>
> My preference is to test at 320 CSS width and not start at 1280 width and zoom to 400% -- but I haven't proven examples where it could be different.

It's exactly the same, only difference is that zooming to 400% from 1280
  also changes the vertical dimension of the viewport while just
dragging the devtools to make the page "thinner" changes just the width
of the viewport in isolation, leading to an unnaturally "portraity"
aspect ratio. Depending on how the media queries etc are set up, this
MAY trigger/not trigger certain extra styles. If in doubt, also resize
the whole browser window vertically.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux