From: Wilco Fiers <wilco.fiers@deque.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 12:44 PM
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: CFC - Publication of WCAG 2.2 FPWD

-1

I have a few concerns with this draft:

- I noticed 2.4.7 was changed from Level AA to Level A. I apologies if I missed the conversation on this. It's a little hard participating in this group without attending the calls, but I try. I've brought this up in the past though, and I want to repeat my concern. I do not think WCAG should change existing success criteria in new versions. If AG agrees a change is necessary, I think an errata is the right way to do this. (Please let me know if you'd like me to explain this further.)

- The "success criterion" (and "guideline") text was removed from the headings. This creates a document that is no longer explicit about what things are success criteria. If we're removing this from the heading (which I'm not against), we'll need to add a definition of success criterion, or some normative section that says what is and what isn't a success criterion.

- In 1.4.13 the word "Dismissable" was changed to "Dismissible". Similar to my first comment, a change like that should in my opinion be done in an errata, not in a new working draft. Otherwise it creates different variations of the same success criterion between different versions of WCAG.