Re: WCAG 2.2 status - Icon Description

+1 to that!
________________________________
From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2020 10:59 AM
To: Abma, J.D. (Jake) <Jake.Abma@ing.com>
Cc: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>; WCAG list <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: Re: WCAG 2.2 status - Icon Description

> So the text should be something like: "For icons that solely act as labels or instructions" (+ SOLELY?!)

Personally, I thought the current text was clear on that. However, if others disagree then the case to cover is where icons are required to understand the label/instruction. If they are not relied on (tested by removing them), then they are not in scope.

So I think it would be the other way around: The object to test is the label/instruction, not the icon as such.
“For icons that are relied on to act as labels or instructions…”.

Cheers,

-Alastair

ATTENTION:
The information in this e-mail is confidential and only meant for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, don't use or disclose it in any way. Please let the sender know and delete the message immediately.