Re: Accessible authentication

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 10:08:49 -0600
To: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc: "Rochford, John" <john.rochford@umassmed.edu>, "WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi Alastair,

Yes. Duo is required to authenticate. It is not an it is not an
alternative. Both a passphrase and a device is required.

"Two-factor authentication (2FA) strengthens access security by
requiring two methods (also referred to as factors) to verify your
identity. These factors can include something you know - like a
username and password, plus something you have - like a smartphone app
to approve authentication requests."
https://duo.com/product/trusted-users/two-factor-authentication

Kind regards,
Laura